Wednesday, March 24, 2010

throwing up while running-eek!

You may not know it, but ever since I got home from vacation I have been battling some sort of sickness. Head congestion and weakness, that moved into my chest about a week ago. It causes me to cough a lot and I just haven't been able to get rid of it. Last Saturday I decided it felt like it had become a sinus infection (could feel pressure in my teeth) so I decided I would go to the doctor Sunday or Monday. Well, we got a bunch of snow sat/sun, so we didn't leave the house. By the time Monday rolled around I felt like I was on the road to recovery so I figured I didn't need to go to the doctor and didn't. Well, it still hasn't gone away and yesterday about 20 minutes after dinner the girls and I went outside, they rode their bikes and I walked the dog behind them. They were getting farther and farther away from me so I decided to start jogging slowly just to keep up. BAD IDEA! I started coughing, which then caused me to throw up on the side of the road. UGH! Guess it wasn't a good idea to run after eating while not feeling well. Duh!
Then last night I got out of bed and started coughing again, and AGAIN threw up. Yuck! I guess maybe it really is time to go to the doctor. I'll try to go Thursday while I'm in town. Hopefully this junk goes away and I can get back to some serious workouts. By the way I DID go to the gym Tues and do my 2 classes (at about 70%) and it took everything out of me. I hate feeling this way.

2 comments:

  1. Oh girl, I hear ya. My son does that to (coughing so hard it makes him throw up). It's miserable.

    I hope you getting to feeling like your normal self soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooooooo glad you're well now. I NEEEED you working out at 110% with me! :o) If you only give 70%...then I only give 71%.
    I always have to try to outdo you just a teensy bit! :o)

    ReplyDelete