Saturday, June 12, 2010

I said no

Was at Lone Star tonight and ordered a delicious salad. I REALLY like salads, so its not hard for me to eat them. Now if I can just make sure to take off the unhealthy toppings (like bacon) then I can be sure they are good for me too. I used to never eat dressing as a kid. Then I slowly began eating italian only. Then about 15 years ago I tried Ranch (on chicken fingers no less! It was Vegas, that was a popular way to eat them there), and I wound up liking it. So mostly I eat the healthier version of dressing (italian or a balsamic), but every once in a while I go through a 'ranch-phase' and want that instead. Fortunately I have come through my latest ranch-phase and am back into my italian/balsamic phase. This is healthier, BUT in the past I've never used alot of dressing, just about one teaspoon for my whole salad (this is easy for me bc remember I used to eat them dry), but lately I've been adding more and more dressing and I'm realizing I have to reel this in bc this is a bad habit to get into. I can totally ruin a healthy salad if its drenched in dressing. Also, I never ate the croutons. I wasn't that infatuated with them and I learned they are the worst item on the salad bar for you, so it was easy for me to fore-go them. But lately with my added dressing consumption , I've realized I like croutons when they get drenched... so not a good thing.I'm not only eating some croutons now but I'm eating too much dressing. So both need to be reeled in.
Anyway , the reason for my post is that an appetizer of spinach dip was ordered, and I didn't eat a drop! not even a chip! and I wasn't feeling deprived, I really did NOT want it, especially since it looked gross and smelled sickening (I think they had sour cream in it and the smell of sour cream makes me nauseous---hey maybe I should spread sour cream on cookies, then I won't eat them!) So I am happy to say I refrained from the appetizer-yippee!
Now I will admit that I really WANTED to order the onion blossom, but I would be the only one who liked it or ate it, so fortunately I didn't. And IF that had been on the table I would have probably ate over half of it, but fortunately that wasn't ordered so I didn't inhale it and I therefore wound up having a pretty good dinner. (Plus a few fried shrimp off my husband's plate, and a few nachos at the bowling alley and 2 cheese sticks there too) No wonder I need to work out so much , eh? Oh well, at least dinner was good, even if the bowling alley fare wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment