Thursday, August 25, 2011

Dryer shrinkage

ok, you know the drill... you throw your jeans in the dryer after washing them... and poof! they seem to have shrunk 3 sizes!!!!   Well, I don't know about you, but my jeans are almost always like this (except when I lost that 20 pounds and I HAD to wash my jeans after EVERY wearing , just to try to tighten them up enough so they wouldn't fall down). Well, that's not normally the case with me, normally I don't wash my jeans after every time I wear them, because truth is they usually don't even get comfortable till after about the 3rd or 4th time wearing them. Then I wear them more and more, so hopefully they get the way I REALLY like them, just a little baggy. Then finally when its been forever, or if I spill something on them, I toss them in the wash and dryer and then start the process all over again. Dreading the first time I have to put them on again because they will be too tight and thus make me feel fat.
Well, this week, it was well overdue for me to wash three of my jean shorts. They were all so baggy it looked like my butt was dragging to the back of my knees almost! lol. These three shorts all happen to be identical. Same brand, same size, same style name, etc. Except one pair is a little darker and I like the way it fits the best. The other two LOOK identical, but for some reason one fits me much snugger than the other. Well, all three were way too baggy so I tossed them into the wash and dryer.
Now here's the good news...
I pulled them on to wear a pair this week (one of the lighter 2 pairs) and couldn't tell which pair I was putting on, the really tight pair or the semi tight pair (I told u they LOOK identical, I can only tell once I have them on which is which-usually I keep track of which is which by the belt that I just leave on them till I wear them again ha ha). Anyway, I went to put on one of the two typically tight pairs, thinking 'here we go, get to wear tight pants for 3 days till they get stretched out and comfy', and to my surprise....
they were loose!  In fact after I wore them that day, after just one day, they were already so baggy in the behind I probably should throw them back in the wash to shrink them up again! 

This is good news to me! I like looser, baggier clothes. Plus that means I'm not gaining weight! I am still holding strong and steady! My scale still says 145, but for these jeans to NOT be snug at all, I MUST be losing inches (and therefore gaining some muscle to keep the scale steady)!   That's great news. I'm happy, just wanted to share my happiness! Hope everyone is having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment