Friday, February 18, 2011

finished strong

Today I didn't start my day with my workout as I normally do. Instead, since my hubby was off work we didn't set an alarm and we slept in. Then after taking my oldest to school, my youngest daughter and I sat and read books for well over an hour together. Throw in a quick trip to the hairdresser to get her hair cut, then lunch, and it was off to school for her. It was a beautiful day today so I wanted to exercise outside, so after dropping her off I took a 30 minute bike ride, then came back home and grabbed my dog and went for a 1.5 mile walk/jog with her. The problem was, these bits of exercise didn't seem like enough (it was already warm enough that it was harder to run outside than I had hoped). Consequently, I was feeling a little down-trodden, like I hadn't gotten enough of a good workout in for the day, especially knowing that my hubby was going to be out late at the carshow so the girls would want to watch a movie and eat junkfood tonight. Wasn't feeling too good about my lack of effort.
But....
after I finished the dog walk, I went and hopped on the treadmill and then cooled down on the AMT. I'm happy to now say I finished strong!
30minute bike ride
6.5 miles covered outside/treadmill/AMT combined
yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment