Thursday, March 26, 2009

blah blah day

Its one of those days (actually I think it started yesterday). I am not feeling very motivated right now. For me, being healthy and working out is 98% mental and only 2%physical. If I'm not into it mentally, it is so HARD and I struggle with it so much! If I'm there mentally, then I can do almost anything (core classes/treadmill/run/eat veggies/EVERYTHING!) Well, I'm not there mentally right now so you are going to hear me whine. My husband says I'm an "all or nothing" person when it comes to my health. I'm either all IN, working out a ton and eating right. Or I'm all OUT, barely working out and vegging on the couch with a half gallon of ice cream, and a cookie, AND a bag of chips! Well, I'm almost there today so I need to shake it off. I even bought and ate a donut at walmart after the gym while I was grocery shopping-bad bad bad!!! Usually every morning I wake up at 5:45am and try to work out on my treadmill till 7am before the kids wake up. If I'm really motivated I'll run, but if I'm kind of sleepy I'll at least walk or do some interval stuff on it. Well, the last 2 days I haven't even gotten out of bed to do it at all! I turned off the alarm and just roll over. UGH! I've started keeping a log of food I eat and calories I burn, and I don't even want to write down what I'm eating because I know its bad. ugh again! Come on Rene'--you've got 10 pounds to go to get back into those clothes for summer-get it in gear!!!!!!!Ok, that's what I am going to do. Starting tomorrow I am back on track. I will get up and actually run. Then I'll do my step and toning class at the gym, then I'll have a few minutes left of nursery coverage so I can squeeze in either the treadmill or elliptical. I've got to do it! I've also got to watch what I'm eating, and those 110 calorie (per cookie!) cookies are NOT going to help.-its a good thing they are all gone :) (too bad they are now on my butt!) ok enough sob-story-I will kick it in gear and turn this back around. I can do it! I've done it before (I lost 20pounds and 20 inches in 18weeks, so I can do it again, right?!) The key is eating right! I cut out bread and pasta last time, so I probably need to focus on that again this time.
Anyway, I guess this entry just goes to show you that, even when you get on track you can get off easily, so u just got to take one day at a time and move forward again. Don't dwell on the bad, focus on changes for the future. That's what I'm going to do! I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment