Friday, March 27, 2009

chilled to the bone

Its a cold, rainy day and I am chilled to the bone. I can't get warm (and yes, Ashley, I DID turn up the heat some). Well, I did what I said I would do today. I DID get out of bed and get on the treadmill while my hubby took the girls out for breakfast for their friday morning ritual. I did interval for 21min, walk for 15min, and ran for 20minutes so I felt pretty good heading to the gym after that. I did Debbie's step class , then her ball class. My intent was to get in 45 min on the elliptical after that (before my nursury time ran out), but I was fatigued. So instead I chatted with Marathon Mandy while I layed on the floor and did some ab crunches.(at least I was laying down). By the time I was done with that I did go upstairs but could only squeeze 15min on the elliptical before I had to leave. The problem is, I just feel fatigued. I don't think I've been working out excrutiatingly hard lately, so I'm wondering if my diet isn't enough to sustain me. any thoughts???? I've been keeping track of my caloric intake and outtake lately so I know what I'm eating and I'm thinking that even though some things like almonds and peanut butter are higher in calories, they provide much needed protein, so maybe I need to be more concerned about WHERE my calories are coming from and not just HOW MANY calories there are. I did a BMR test online last night and found out that I need 1400 calories a day just to operate my body if I was laying on the couch. Still trying to figure out how I can use that information to figure out how many calories I need for weight loss, but right now I'm too tired to even comprehend it or much of anything else for that matter. Its a cold rainy day and I think I am going to go take a nap, maybe I'll have more energy when I wake up. signing off... :)

1 comment:

  1. So I don't check in for a few days, and there are 27 posts to read! Now, I am not an expert, and I don't even exercise half as much as you, but I do have some thoughts about diet...just my opinion, fyi. I think you're on the right track about figuring out how many calories you need (your body needs that energy to be able to exercise), and it may be more calories than you think. Also, if your body feels like it's starving, it will stubbornly hold on to any calories it gets, so that will cause trouble on the scale. If you could eat more moderately, it would be better (instead of all or nothing). That's my two cents. Good luck! I'm still in awe of all you do.

    ReplyDelete