Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Its a good day and I have good news!

First off, the good news that I alluded to several days ago is that my husband got me the "gem"! Its the Precor 100i AMT and they delivered it today! And no walls were damaged in the process! Double yeah! The extra good news is that he got a really good deal on a remanufactured one through our neighbor who owns a gym, so we didn't pay even close to full price! Triple Yeah! The funny thing is that this thing weighs 450 (per the specs), but of course the guys installing it are trying to tell me it weighs 600 pounds (its like the fish story, it always gets bigger or heavier doesn't it? ha ha) Well anyway, there are only three of them, and none of them are that strong looking (just pretty normal), and they know they had to take it upstairs so why they didn't send more guys-I don't know. But anyway, I volunteer to help, and wind up sweating like a dog in the process. We had to do it one step at a time and it WAS heavy! Wooh! Almost makes up for the calories I missed burning in bootcamp class since I had to leave early and run home from the gym to meet these guys. :) Speaking of calories, I did 283 for 2miles on the treadmill before the gym. Then I kept my HRM on from the gym at 9am till I took a shower at about 2pm and burned 1644 (that included 100 jog with the dog while my youngest daughter rode her bike next to me for a mile, 400 pump/ball class with Shelley, and 500 AMT for 43minutes after it was installed, plus the installation itself and just moving around normally because I was still wearing it and didn't turn it off). Pretty cool. Here is a picture of it, fully installed in my workout room.


Now that's awesome news, and I love my husband for getting it for me, and not much news can top that... except... the scale says I've lost 2 pounds! Quadruple Yeah! :) Is this a good day or what?! :)
Here is a pix of me on the new "gem".
Now here is some interesting news from Easter. Remember I said I was in charge of bringing dessert to my inlaws for Easter Sunday? I decided to be "smart" on my behalf and not bring desserts that I love. So I brought Jello shaped into a cross (see pix), rice crispie treats also shaped into a cross, and chocolate pudding covered in whipped cream and chocolate&butterscotch chips. It looked pretty, but I don't like pudding or jello, so I thought this was a great idea. However, it turns out, most people don't like pudding or jello either, so my desserts were a flop! Not much was eaten (thanks Ashley for not making me feel TOO bad and at least trying it:) ) so I wound up bringing all that food home (except the rice crispy treats which u can always count on to be devoured ha ha). UGH! So now I'm freezing them to see how they turn out frozen. Maybe I'll like them better frozen. I just can't bear to throw perfectly good food away (my mom always taught me about those "less fortunate" when I was a kid), so I'm too frugal and thankful to toss it. So my "smart" plan didn't turn out so smart after all.
I am off to gymnastics class with my oldest daughter, and instead of our usual Tuesday night takeout, I made some crockpot chicken/rice/carrots, so hopefully that will be healthier than the take out fare :) See Ya!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! YAY! YAY!!!!
    I am so excited for you! How awesome it must be to have that kind of a work out room at HOME!!
    And 2 pounds lost!!! WOOOHOOO!!!
    I am really proud of you for cooking healthy tonight instead of doing take out. Anything you can cook at home is almost always healthier than take out. I hope you KEEP having days like this! You'll be at your goal weight in no time!! Ps. I'm not sure about the running on Thur. dinner on Fri and riding together on Sat. yet..but I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete