Saturday, April 11, 2009

Reeses after Running?

Have you ever heard of it? When Krista and I finished the city run this past fall, we were appalled that they were trying to feed us candy bars! We were like no way, aren't there any oranges or bananas anywhere?! Well , she asked around or did some research and found out that eating something like that after a long run quickly replenishes the water or something in your body (I forget exactly what she said-I even had to ask her twice, and I've forgotten again), but the gist of it was, that after a long run was about the only time it was good for your body to eat a candy bar. So today, after my 10 mile run (I planned on 13, but my hamstring was starting to hurt so I decided to stop at 10 instead of cause an injury that could keep me out of my favorite workouts-classes with Shelley:) ) I ate a Reeses peanut butter egg. I have to admit it was good. And I figured I'd eat some tomorrow anyway, so this is just one I would have ate anyway I just ate it early, and hopefully it helped the muscles in my legs recouperate. Nice thought, hope its true :) I ran off 1287 calories and the egg was only 180, so not too bad. It tasted good too :)

Today we had practice at the church for a short drama we are doing tomorrow on Resurrection Sunday service. It went well so hopefully tomorrow will go well too. The girls and I are going to have a "girls night in" as Dan is back at the track for the drag races. Hopefully, it will go better than last night. Please pray with me that he is always safe while he does this. Honestly, I really don't like it (especially after last night's close call), but he assures me its safer than rock climbing (which we used to do BC (before kids) in the jeep) and he has built a really strong cage/wears a helmet/etc. But he doesn't wear the boots or fireproof suit they recommend (says its not comfortable) and I don't like that either. So please keep him in your prayers that he is always protected by God and comes home safely. Thanks!
Tonight the girls and I are supposed to ride bikes and watch survivor on DVR together. fun fun fun :)

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm....candy after a work out? Don't know about THAT but if it turns out to be true....YIPPEEEE!!!! :o)
    I wonder what Shelley would think if we all eat a Reeses egg after her classES on Tuesday? he he he We could bring a big bag and pass it around! he he he he
    I hope you had a fun "girls night in" with your two cutie-girls!

    ReplyDelete