Friday, January 15, 2010

Run & not grow weary

But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.
[Isaiah 40:31]

Isn't this awesome?!
You can overcome.
You can do it!
Put your trust in Him and He will give u the strength.

When I was running 15k's and half marathons, I would try to write these words on my forearm or my hand. Because as I was running I would inevitably get to a point of being so exhausted I would want to give up. But I would remember these words and I would repeat them over and over in my head. Just like a gas pedal in the car, my steps would increase, and my stride would lengthen and I would feel better, in fact I would feel great, and I would just continue on. It's amazing how strong the Word of God is. Its not just for church. Its for our life. If your life is being lived without it... try some, you might find that you like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment